We’re proud of our skillets’ high walls and domed, self-basting lid – both of which make room for this stew to simmer. Created by Olympia Provisions chef Alex Yoder, this dish gets an incredibly savory, slightly-spicy richness from OP’s famed Chorizo Navarre. Find more of Alex’s work on their menus – and on your plate – at Olympia Provisions’ southeast Portland location.
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- 5 oz Olympia Provisions Chorizo Navarre, halved & cut crosswise into 1” lengths
- ½ tsp crushed chilies
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ C dry white wine
- 1 C chicken stock
- 2 lb mussels, purged & debearded
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp oregano, roughly chopped
- Salt, pepper, & lemon juice to taste
- Crusty bread for serving
1. Season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. In a 12″ FINEX Cast Iron Skillet, combine the olive oil and chorizo and cook over medium heat until the fat has begun to render out of the chorizo (About 4 minutes).
3. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool 30 seconds. Add the crushed chilies and garlic and stir to combine.
4. Return the skillet to the heat and add the white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer and add the shrimp, mussels, and butter. Cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally and flipping the shrimp over if necessary until the mussels have steamed open and the shrimp are cooked (about 5 minutes).
5. Add the oregano and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Divide between four bowls and serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!
Pre-seasoned and Ready to Cook out of the box!
Heavy-gauge Cast Iron
Machined Cooking Surface for near non-stick